If you are looking for ways to conquer your fear or just want to do something crazy for your adrenaline kicks in, the high lands of our country can help you achieve this goal. It is an adventure playground for thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. For all you risk takers and brave hearts, our country excels in adventure tourism and here's some of the adrenaline arousing activities in our country:
Crossing a suspension bridge
- For people who are scared of heights, walking in a suspension bridge can be a nightmare. The longest suspension bridge can be found in Kusma, which is a small town only a couple of hours outside of Pokhara. The walk through the bridge is scary and it becomes a never-ending journey as the bridge is 344 meters long and 135 meters high. The view of Kali Gandaki below can make your head spin and your heart can race uncontrollably.
- However, you can experience different kind of thrill on a suspension in the Himalayas. The Edmund Hillary suspension bridge, located in the Himalayas is 160 meters high. It may not be as long as the one in Kusma but as the porters pass you while crossing the bridge, the large hauls that they carry can make it very bouncy. Also, if mules and yak are walking beside you, get ready to experience mini heart attack!
River rafting down the Bhote Koshi River
- Bhote Koshi is the most popular whitewater rafting destination in Nepal. The upper section of this river features class V rapids and this has been the main attraction for skilled kayakers while its lower sections and their class III rapids are mostly preferred by the new-bies who are exploring their rafting skills. Along with this, Bhote Koshi also provides mind blowing views of the enchanting waterfalls, lush green jungles and ancient villages.
- Canyoning can be a bold adventure choice to experience the thrills of nature in the wild. Imagine the level of adrenaline rush you experience while descending down streams on a rope and jumping down to spotless pools from canyon walls. You can get a special package of canyoning along with hiking, trekking with other thrilling adventures. Canyoning sites are available at Marsyandi, Kakani, Sunkoshi, Kulekhani, Sundarijal, Bhotekoshi.
Waterfall Ice Climbing
- As Nepal has eight of the highest peaks of the world, it's no wonder many mountaineers have come here to explore and get a taste of their own adventures. What better way to arouse their adrenaline then by ice climbing?
- If you choose to literally push yourself to the limit by battling extreme altitudes, taking on the toughest icefall and jagged peaks, then this mind blowing experience is just the thing for you. While climbing this incredibly frozen water, you get to witness amazing landscapes which are completely different to experience. You can try ice climbing in places like Thame, Annapurna, Langtang valley.
Ultra light flying
- This adventure can be pretty similar to mountain flights but with extra chills! The microlight aircraft helps you fly through the clouds with the wind on your face and with a view of the unhindered mountain peaks. It's an experience of a lifetime with the feeling of freefalling in the mountains. If you cannot contain the excitement anymore, Pokhara airport is calling you!
- Parahawking can best be described as paragliding with falconry. You can actually fly with birds of prey! Parahawking combines the modern technique of paragliding capturing a bird's natural instinct. You get to explore the jungles through the eyes of this bird.
- During the flight, the passenger regularly place small chucks of meat on their hand for the bird to refuel. This is a unique adventure which deals with conservation and eco- tourism and gives the opportunity to interact with the birds of prey while experiencing the Himalaya from the sky. Paragliding and Parahawking can be experienced together in Pokhara.
- Nepal offers an excellent location for heli- skiing activities with amazing height of the Himalayas as the helicopter drops you off at the start of your run with the longest distance starting at 5,000 meters above sea level.
- Your adventure begins as you make your own tracks through the beautiful powdered snow while praising the forest scenery and mountains views on your way down. You can try heli skiing in the Makalu, Dhaulagiri, Kangchenjunga, Everest and the Dolpo regions.
- The Himalayan region is famous for mountaineering but we cannot forget the plains. You can go on a Jungle safari and observe magnificent creatures in their natural habitat. Chitwan and Bardiya national park can be the perfect place to enjoy and relax in the tropical climate and greenery if you are a lover of wilderness.