While going through our social media sites, we occasionally stumble upon that friend who takes the concept of adventure to the next level. Their profile is covered with images of skydiving missions, rough camping trips, rock climbing etc. Such daring adventures have a lot of risk but because we have a thirst to experience adrenaline rush, it drives us to seek more thrilling adventures, despite of being scared out of our wits.
The holy mountains have been a highlight for adventure seekers as long we can remember. A journey to Annapurna, Everest and other massifs can exceed anyone's expectation as the amount of beauty and serenity it holds is indescribable by words. As our country is gifted by the mountainous terrain and the river flowing system from the glaciers; many extreme adventure sports came into being.
If you are looking for ways to conquer your fear or just want to do something crazy for your adrenaline kicks in, the high lands of our country can help you achieve this goal. It is an adventure playground for thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. For all you risk takers and brave hearts, our country excels in adventure tourism and here's some of the adrenaline arousing activities in our country:
You can fly like a bird through ZipLining
- If you are someone who wants to experience the feeling of euphoria, you can try the famous zipline of Nepal. As our country has the steepest, longest and the fastest zipline in the world, grab the opportunity of a thrill ride. The best part of the zip flyer is the take off. As soon as the door swings open you go flying down a hill which is so steep that you can't even see the ground you are headed to. Imagine jumping towards the unknown! If you are lucky, you can experience the breathtaking views of Annapurna on a clear day as the wind hits your face.
Go Bungee Jumping
- The Last Resort proudly claims to be the 9th highest bungee jump in the world. Your fall is from 160 meters and you feel the rush of adrenaline as soon as you freefall. The air and the falling into nothingness can make you feel free. It's absurd to risk your life like that, but when you just 'let go,' it is an insanely amazing feeling.
- There's something exciting about running of a mountain with only a piece of fabric and strings attached to you. In Pokhara, you can experience an unforgettable paraglide flight. Once you fly high over the valley in the presence of the mighty Annapurna, you feel like you have reached paradise.
- Nepal has a lot of uphill division and if you are a fairly experienced rider, mountain biking can be an excellent choice of adventure for you. Annapurna Circuit is considered to be the one of the most popular trekking destinations in the world where you can experience both hiking and biking. You can bike from Muktinath through the Mustang region for a satisfying combination of jaw dropping scenery, cultural delights and get indulged in one of the deepest gorges of the planet.
- Kayaking in The Lower Seti River can be the best place to dive into to get the best experience of river rafting and kayaking. Even for the newbies, kayaking can be done smoothly as it does have any major obstacle. The kayaking expedition begins at the captivating Phewa Lake and ends close to Chitwan National Park. The Lower Seti River trail has been known to be completely safe for any sort of water sports.
- Rock climbing is another adventure that can attract all kinds of adrenaline junkies from the world. Nepal can be one of the best destinations for rock climbing as has a perfect combination of rock climbing experience with exceptional natural beauty.
Trekking to Everest Base Camp
- There can only be a handful of voyages that can give you the thrill that you get while trekking to Everest base camp. This embodiment has attracted adventure enthusiasts ever since the 1920s. For those who can never think about stepping the giant Mt. Everest, this adventure can be a more practical solution. While venturing through this region, you can experience countless museums, days which are charged by beautiful colors, old world monasteries and swing bridges (scary!). Even during the nighttime, you can light up bon fire and have conservations with other fellow travelers.
Take a flight to Luka airport
- Lukla is considered to be the 'most dangerous airport of the world' and hearing this fact in itself can give us chills. The entire process of flying into Lukla can arouse intense heart throbbing experience. The flight takes place only when the weather is clear and it has the capacity to hold only 12 to 14 seats.
- This adventure is pretty challenging as you fly straight into the mountain as you land in Lukla and you fly off a cliff during takeoff. Normal runways are 1,829 meters long but the runway of Lukla is merely 527 meters. This makes the flight extremely dangerous as it has a short length to cover. The runway is on a steep gradient to ensure that planes slow down in time while landing and gain enough speed for takeoff.