Hotel Shanker, which is housed in the former palace of Nepal's erstwhile rulers, is situated in the heart of Kathmandu only minutes away from Thamel. Founded in 1964, it is Kathmandu's first 4 Star Hotel. Relive a bygone era of Nepal's history at a price you cannot beat! Get the royal treatment that you have long deserved in an authentic heritage hotel in Kathmandu.
Rooms and Amenities
- 94 well-appointed guest rooms including 12 Suites
- 32" or 42" LED TV/ Local & Cable TV (60 Channels)
- Free WI FI
- In room electronic safety deposit box (fits laptop)
- Full bath amenities, hair dryer
- Complimentary in-room Tea/Coffee maker
- Non Smoking room available
Restaurants & Bars
- Cosy Kailash: excellent food, beautiful presentation, and majestic yet very comfortable and relaxed ambience.
- Kailash Restaurant: a traveller's delight. 4500 sq. feet of space with carved ceiling, intricately worked walls, small bejewelled mirrors and piped music provide an opulent backdrop to meals prepared by our chefs.
- Kunti Bar: an atmosphere enriched by stout wooden beams, carved pillers, intricately carved Nepalese windows and good, old-fasioned Nepalese bonhomie.
- Poolside Bar: Enjoy delicious snacks in the front lawns by the pool.
Conferences and Banquets
- 1811 sq. ft. Durbar Hall, 894 sq. ft. One Eyed Hall
- High Speed Internet Access
- Garden Banquets, 800 persons
- Newly renovated Kailash Hall (12558 sq. ft.)
- In House light/sound/video equipment available (fee)
Services and Facilities
- Business Center
- Swimming Pool
- Free WI-FI
- 24 Hrs Currency Exchange facility
- Safe Deposit Boxes at Reception upon Check Out
- Laundry / Dry cleaning
- Gift Shop
- 24 Hrs Room Service
- Tranquility Spa
- Medical Services
- Airport Transfer (Pick up/Drop)
- Personalized Wake up Service
- Travel Desk
- Limo Service
- Cloak Room Service at Check Out (Free)